"Love of animals is a universal impulse, a common ground on which all of us may meet.
By loving and understanding animals, perhaps we humans shall come to understand each other."
-- Louis J. Camuti

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Waycross, GA - Puppy mill raided, dogs need your help!

The Okefenokee Humane Society, along with other agencies, raided a puppy mill in Waycross, GA! At the end of the day, they rescued 23 Dachshunds. They still have5-6 to trap next week. All rescued dogs were taken to the Okefenokee Humane Society, which has put a huge strain on the shelter, both physically and financially.
The dogs range in age from 5 months to 7 years, with the majority being between 5 years-7 years. The older dogs were still being bred. All dogs have mange and are currently being treated.

The shelter is asking that anyone able to donate funds, even the smallest amount, please do so. The dogs need sponsorship to pay for their care. This shelter is very full and a very high kill facility. If the dogs do not get funds to cover their medical and care expenses, they will be euthanized.

If you can spare even $1, please go to the Okefenokee Humane Society's website and donate via PayPal: http://www.okefenokeehumanesociety.org/contactus.html

or
Mail your money or checks to :
Okefenokee Humane Society
1501 Blackwell Street
Waycross, GA 31501

Contact Phone Number: 912-283-4214

1 comments:

Suzi Ruger March 19, 2011 at 12:24 PM  

I am looking for a tea cup or toy dog for my homed will be loved and spoiled as well.........suziruger@gmail.com

Donate to the ASPCA Today!

About This Blog


This blog is designed to connect animals in need with people who want to help, profile animals in need, keep people informed on interesting animal related issues, news, and events, and provide a general resource for all animals lovers. There are ways in which we can all help our feathered, finned, and furry friends and I hope you can do so through my blog.
I’m just a girl doing my best to help every creature who cannot speak for himself. I hope to one day own my own rescue, but until then I will continue to do the little things I can. I’ve had many animal companions in my time, including fish, frogs, gerbils, hermit crabs, birds, cats, and dogs. I am currently the proud person of one dog, five cats and two geckos. On weekends I can be seen moonlighting as Cat Woman.

Labels

  © Blogger template Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP