"Love of animals is a universal impulse, a common ground on which all of us may meet.
By loving and understanding animals, perhaps we humans shall come to understand each other."
-- Louis J. Camuti

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Rome, GA - Cats, kittens, dogs, & puppies need adoption/rescue URGENT!


The above animals are located at the Floyd County Animal Control in Rome, GA. NOTE: They are listed on Petfinder under Rome-Floyd County Humane Society as A COURTESY ONLY. These animals ARE NOT SAFE! The animals pictured above will be euthanized after Tuesday if not adopted or rescued by then! They can also be sponsored monetarily, which can give them more time.
Because there are so many animals in need, I could not post links to each individual Petfinder page. To find more info on any of these animals, please visit the Petfinder page HERE. REMEMBER, do not use the contact info listed on the Petfinder page to inquiry about these animals. Use the information given below. ALL ANIMALS LISTED ON THE PETFINDER LIST WITH A "9" IN THEIR NAME ARE LOCATED AT THE ANIMAL CONTROL FACILITY. THE ABOVE ANIMALS CAN BE FOUND BY LOOKING AT ANIMALS WITH NAMES BEGINNING WITH '9.'
If you are interested in adopting or rescuing any of these animals, please contact:
Floyd County Animal Control 706-236-4545
431 Mathis Rd., Rome, GA 30161
Fax 706 233 0032
Hours: M, T 10am - 6pm, Wednesdays NEVER OPEN, Th, Fri 10am - 6pm Sat + Sun 1pm - 5pm

If you are a rescue group that wants to pull any of these animals:
Please contact FCAC at the above # and visit the FCAC website above to review their rescue group paper policies. (They welcome rescue groups, but due to a recent "incident," they must ensure you are an actual rescue group.)

4 comments:

Peggy Shaw September 24, 2009 at 5:59 PM  

my daughter rescued two dogs in rome who need a foster or adotpion. a momma dog and jet-black puppy. we can't find any help. email
pjshaw@comcast.net
ebeatty@vikings.berry.edu

bboozer March 4, 2010 at 4:28 PM  

LOST: male blonde long hair chihuahua near armuchee. call with any info REWARD! 706-266-1586

Unknown March 11, 2010 at 2:32 PM  

i wishi could get one email me @ rlarenr@gmail.com

Teresa D. Smith March 8, 2011 at 7:08 AM  

I have spent the last year capturing absolutely beautiful long haired gray a momma feral cat. Last year she had kittens and brought them to me and I found homes for all the kittens except 2. I kept one as she was almost dead. I have one other one now 6 months old males medium hair gorgeous tabby fixed and ready for a home. I also have finally tamed the momma and she is in side my house as of 3 weeks now. Very loving and very pregnant. I just didn't want her to have the kittens outside again as I FINALLY have controlled the feral population now in the woods behind my house. WOOHOO! I need someone who would love the experience of a momma having kittens and be willing to foster her and then find homes for her babies in 6 -8 weeks. HELP! I have done my part of taming them, and now all 3 are inside my home now used to touch and love. HELP!!!!!!!!! Any fosters or adopters please call! 706-615-8603 or 706-237-3640! I have pictures I can email if you need a look. Thanks Teresa

Donate to the ASPCA Today!

About This Blog


This blog is designed to connect animals in need with people who want to help, profile animals in need, keep people informed on interesting animal related issues, news, and events, and provide a general resource for all animals lovers. There are ways in which we can all help our feathered, finned, and furry friends and I hope you can do so through my blog.
I’m just a girl doing my best to help every creature who cannot speak for himself. I hope to one day own my own rescue, but until then I will continue to do the little things I can. I’ve had many animal companions in my time, including fish, frogs, gerbils, hermit crabs, birds, cats, and dogs. I am currently the proud person of one dog, five cats and two geckos. On weekends I can be seen moonlighting as Cat Woman.

Labels

  © Blogger template Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP