"Love of animals is a universal impulse, a common ground on which all of us may meet.
By loving and understanding animals, perhaps we humans shall come to understand each other."
-- Louis J. Camuti

Monday, January 12, 2009

Akron, OH - My foster kittens need forever home(s)!





These are my three beautiful, playful, and amazing foster kittens. I rescued them from underneath my neighbor's porch. They had been left to live outside through the snow and below freezing temperatures, being fed nothing but human table scraps! Last summer I rescued their siblings, their mother's previous litter. I can tell you that while this mother cat has had the misfortune of living outside 24/7 and not being spayed, she has produced some wonderful litters of kittens!
These little guys are about 3 months old. They've been to the vet, received all of their routine shots, been dewormed, and now have a clean bill of health! They will be neutered once they are old enough (the vet waits until their are at least 4 months old). I am fostering them through a no-kill, non-profit rescue that will pay for the kittens' spay/neuter.
The black kitten is Daisy. She's sort of the leader of the pack. Daisy is almost always the one to instigate something! She's very curious and adventurous. She's also a huge love bug! Her purr sounds like a motorboat, and you don't even have to touch her to get it going! Yet, she rather play with you or lay next to you than be held on your lap or in your arms.
The gray kitten is Matilda. She's the shy, quiet one of the group, but don't let that fool you. She can play and tumble like the best of them! If you're gentle with her, you'll have her purring in no time! She's also more than willing to lay in somebody's arms.
The long-haired kitten is Simba. He's the bodyguard of the group and also happens to think of himself as a little lion. He's very easy to hold in your arms when he's not tumbling and rolling around on the ground! He enjoys play, but I believe he'll grow into the ultimate lap cat! He puts on a brave, strong front, but I think he just wants a a super plush kitty bed, plenty of toys, and a lifetime supply of kitty treats.
Daisy, Matilda, and Simba are the ultimate feline three musketeers! They're a wonderful team and I believe they find comfort and confidence in one another. They have only been with me for a week, which has been their first experience with such close human contact. They are not feral cats. They are very friendly, but they can be a bit shy at times, especially with new people, new setting, and new situations. I believe the reason they have flourished so well within the last 7 days is because they have had each other. It would be my dream to find them a wonderful home together. I realize that this might not be possible, but I am asking that if anyone has the room in their heart and home for this wonderful troop to please consider adopting all three, or at least two. If one is left, I might adopt him or her, as their older sister would sure love a forever playmate!
The rescue is based in the Akron area, but I can adopt the kittens to surrounding Northeast Ohio area.
If you are interested in learning more about Daisy, Matilda, and/or Simba and possibly adopting them, please contact me at afurryfriend@gmail.com

1 comments:

Alana January 20, 2009 at 10:07 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Donate to the ASPCA Today!

About This Blog


This blog is designed to connect animals in need with people who want to help, profile animals in need, keep people informed on interesting animal related issues, news, and events, and provide a general resource for all animals lovers. There are ways in which we can all help our feathered, finned, and furry friends and I hope you can do so through my blog.
I’m just a girl doing my best to help every creature who cannot speak for himself. I hope to one day own my own rescue, but until then I will continue to do the little things I can. I’ve had many animal companions in my time, including fish, frogs, gerbils, hermit crabs, birds, cats, and dogs. I am currently the proud person of one dog, five cats and two geckos. On weekends I can be seen moonlighting as Cat Woman.

Labels

  © Blogger template Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP