"Love of animals is a universal impulse, a common ground on which all of us may meet.
By loving and understanding animals, perhaps we humans shall come to understand each other."
-- Louis J. Camuti

Saturday, December 20, 2008

What dog breed is right for you?

Although I am a huge advocate for mutts, I've found a wonderful breed matching quiz that helps evaluate what breeds of dogs might fit best with you and your lifestyle. As the program reminds us, it isn't necessarily the breeds themselves, but the individual qualities that are important for people to look for when considering a new dog. It's a very quick, simple questionairre, and when you're done it will tell you the top 5 breeds that might be best for you/your family, the reasons why these breeds might fit, 73 more breeds that might be good for you, breeds that they do not recommend for you, and a list of qualities you should personally look for in a dog to fit what you want and your lifestyle. You can then type in your zip code and it will show dogs of your matched breeds that are available for adoption in your area. The site is also one of the greatest resource sfor researching breeds in general. Just click on any of the breeds in your "recommended" or "not recommended" list for a very detailed description of each breed and its various aspects and typical attributes.

Mt top 5 matches were: Shih Tzu, Bullmastiff, Brussels Griffon, Irish Wolfhound, and Silky Terrie (none of which I have ever had the pleasure of calling my own).

Matchup: Find the right dog for you DogTime



0 comments:

Donate to the ASPCA Today!

About This Blog


This blog is designed to connect animals in need with people who want to help, profile animals in need, keep people informed on interesting animal related issues, news, and events, and provide a general resource for all animals lovers. There are ways in which we can all help our feathered, finned, and furry friends and I hope you can do so through my blog.
I’m just a girl doing my best to help every creature who cannot speak for himself. I hope to one day own my own rescue, but until then I will continue to do the little things I can. I’ve had many animal companions in my time, including fish, frogs, gerbils, hermit crabs, birds, cats, and dogs. I am currently the proud person of one dog, five cats and two geckos. On weekends I can be seen moonlighting as Cat Woman.

Labels

  © Blogger template Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP