"Love of animals is a universal impulse, a common ground on which all of us may meet.
By loving and understanding animals, perhaps we humans shall come to understand each other."
-- Louis J. Camuti

Friday, February 20, 2009

Love Your Pet Day!


February 20th is Love Your Pet Day! Now, I'm probably aware that everyone reading this already loves their pets everyday, but today just gives us an excuse to love them even more, give them a bit of extra pampering, and toss them a few extra treats throughout the day. So, whether your animal companion has fins, feathers, or fur, take some extra time out of your day to show them how much they mean to you! You can even send Love Your Pet Day e-cards to your friends and relatives to remind them of this special occasion (hey, at least their pets will appreciate it)!

Here are some ideas about what you can do to make this day special for your animal friends:

  • Take your dog on an extra long walk, or, if you live somewhere that isn't covered in snow, take him to the park to run and play.
  • Purchase (or make) some extra special treats for your pet.
  • Purchase (or make) a fun new toy.
  • Clean your pet's cage or tank, if applicable.
  • Spend an extra half hour playing, petting, or pampering your pet.
  • Create a webpage just for your pet! Go to My Pet Pages to make a quick and easy page!

0 comments:

Donate to the ASPCA Today!

About This Blog


This blog is designed to connect animals in need with people who want to help, profile animals in need, keep people informed on interesting animal related issues, news, and events, and provide a general resource for all animals lovers. There are ways in which we can all help our feathered, finned, and furry friends and I hope you can do so through my blog.
I’m just a girl doing my best to help every creature who cannot speak for himself. I hope to one day own my own rescue, but until then I will continue to do the little things I can. I’ve had many animal companions in my time, including fish, frogs, gerbils, hermit crabs, birds, cats, and dogs. I am currently the proud person of one dog, five cats and two geckos. On weekends I can be seen moonlighting as Cat Woman.

Labels

  © Blogger template Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP